Friday, September 7, 2007

The REAL Rudy

Robert Greenwald has a new video up for Brave New Films. Greenwald is an independent filmmaker who has produced documentaries on Iraq, Wal-Mart, and FOX "News". More recently, in what I think is a terrific move, he is producing video shorts at Fox Attacks and Brave New Films.

His latest video addresses Rudy Guiliani and his fateful decision to place the emergency command center at Ground Zero (before it was called Ground Zero). Were you under the impression that Rudy knows how to handle terrorism? Or that he was some kind of hero in the days after the attacks? Here is what he said about the days following 9-11:
“I was at ground zero as often, if not more, than most of the workers. I was there working with them. I was there guiding things. I was there bringing people there. But I was exposed to exactly the same things they were exposed to. So in that sense, I’m one of them.”

"Using his mayoral archives, the NY Times found he spent 29 hours between September 17 and December 16, 2001."

Keith Olbermann also reported that he spent more time at Yankee Stadium taking in ballgames than at Ground Zero. I haven't found any examples of the so-called "liberal media" taking him to the woodshed for shameless duplicity like this. The media image of Rudy is every bit as mythological as the image of George Bush was before Katrina washed it all away. WHO is telling you that Rudy knows so much about handling terrorism and terrorist attacks?

Glenn Greenwald has some thoughts and analysis on The Real Rudy...

No comments: